Senior Assistant Manager (6-month contract), Lee Kong Chian School of Business
Support the Area Coordinator, course coordinators and faculty in administrative tasks, including budgetary matters, and group development work:-
- Support ACE to prepare the Group’s budgetary requirements and administer expenditure controls of the group activities to ensure optimum utilization of funds.
- Coordinate and minute group meetings, circulate papers.
- Liaison person between faculty and other Schools, University Offices, external bodies for group events
- Resource person for general policies and procedures relating to school, student, faculty, finance, HR, corporate communication and facilities.
- Develop and maintain the group’s web pages on the school website.
- Administer reimbursement claims for Area Coordinator and faculty.
- Assist in the dissemination of notices and information to the Faculty in discipline area, and coordinating responses as required
- Administer resource booking among the Faculty e.g. labs and teaching facilities.
- Assist with updating of Faculty’s information on the Research Publication System (when necessary).
- Assist in the management of the Annual Faculty Appraisals procedures. (Liaise with each faculty to submit all the necessary documentations within the deadlines.)
Support the Area Coordinator, course coordinators and faculty in teaching, curriculum and student matters:-
- Recommend to ACE on course allocation and monitor teaching load fulfillment for each term.
- Coordinate and check submission of course outlines.
- Assist in group’s meetings on curriculum, course coordination and teaching matters.
- Depository for submission/return of student assignment
- Assist in orientation of new Faculty and Adjuncts, allocate resources and provide general help.
- Assist with Business Study Mission registration, collection of cash/cheque and to act as the liaison person between the students and the travel agency.
Support the Area Coordinator and Faculty in faculty recruitment and research matters:-
- Assist recruitment coordinator in managing all recruitment application packages and maintain a shared folder for all faculty viewing.
- Liaise with faculty recruitment admin staff and prepare for recruitment interviews (e.g. circulate documents for short-listing, prepare documents for conference, travel arrangements for faculty).
- Organize campus visit schedule for candidate with Senior Management and faculty.
- Organize logistics for Job Talk e.g. Collate faculty evaluation; make arrangements for entertainment and assist candidate in property and school-viewing.
- Manage projects including the organization of logistics for Finance Research Seminars, Conferences and Group Retreats (e.g. travel arrangements, publicity of Seminar, book venue, catering, payment issues).
- Assist in orientation for Visiting Professors and logistics arrangements.
- Display Group’s publications to showcase scholarship.
- Track faculty activities in relation to research activities, achievement and services.
Assist the Assistant Dean and Senior Associate Director in administrative matters, eg.
- Planning, coordinating and supporting school events e.g. Admission interviews, Commencement, Faculty Retreat and Open House.
- Special projects as assigned.
Perform general office duties for the Office of the Dean
Any other admin support duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director, Assistant Dean, Area Coordinator, course coordinators and Seminar Chair
- “A” levels with some years of relevant work experience, recent diploma/degree holders may apply.
- Mature personality with preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Diligent worker who is organized, thorough and a good team player who work well with staff and students.
- Prior event planning and coordination experience would be advantageous.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to interact with faculty, staff and students.
- Good computer knowledge, preferably in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer, SAP, Flash.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University