Senior Android Developer
Accellion, Inc. is the provider of the first Content Firewall, the next generation firewall that gives organizations privacy and control over the content they communicate with their surrounding ecosystem. Among its customers are NYC Health + Hospitals, KPMG, Kaiser Permanente, Latham & Watkins, National Park Service, Cargill, NIST, and thousands more of the world's leading organizations. Accellion is carrying its bold vision forward while maintaining strong profitability and growth. This is a perfect time to join Accellion as it has started to move into a high growth phase and there are many opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to its future.
We are looking for a strong Senior Android Developer who has extensive experience developing native Android applications. You will work on the latest cutting-edge internet/software technology.
- Research, design, test, deploy, and maintain high-quality applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features.
- Unit test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Build and publish applications in app stores.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Guide mobile QA automation efforts.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in Android development.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related fields.
- Strong understanding of consumer/enterprise app development, design patterns, mobile architecture (MVVM/MVC/MVP), frameworks/third-party libraries, Human Interface Guidelines, and application release cycles.
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills in Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, and Android NDK.
- Strong knowledge in managing code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, emulators, patterns, and best practices.
- Passion for Accellion’s space and its mission
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs, push notifications, and Firebase services.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with secure coding principles and encryption.
- Familiarity with reactive programming, coroutines, and functional programming concepts.
- Experience with cross-platform development, e.g., React Native, Flutter, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Team player.
Accellion has a very dynamic and flexible work culture and we’re looking for driven, resourceful, and proactive thinkers to solve complex technical challenges.
You will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits and stock options. Other benefits include: medical, dental, and 18 days of PTO, going up to 21 days after 3 years.
Accellion Pte Ltd