Senior Analyst, Operations - App Support
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 1-Jun-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Provide level 2 application support, minor projects and request fulfillment
- Field incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues
- Provide incident resolution management and root cause analysis techniques to determine cause and resolve complex system issues.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Record, track, and document the incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Post software updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and so on.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent the field of computer science, information systems, or equivalent.
- .Net/Java knowledge are essential. MS-SQL knowledge will also be preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in application support or equivalent using problem resolution and root cause analysis techniques. In depth knowledge of TIBCO middleware will be an advantage.
- Experience with development in Microsoft Windows/Web environment.
- Experience with software installation, build, continuous integration and source control tools.
- Experience with web services.
- Knowledge of more advanced programming environments and concepts (e.g. Multi-Threading, OS internals, Networking.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve issues.
- Able to function effectively in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member under general supervision and direction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with mobility related technologies, multi-platform development is a plus.
- Experience in Application System Support or Coding with UAT support experience within an Enterprise System environment with understanding of Change Control & Access Control.
- Experience in creating ETL jobs using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in creating Web Application in C# using MS SQL Reporting Service (SSRS) on IIS 6.0 or IIS 7.0
- Experience in setup of Web System using MS SQL Server & MS SQL Reporting Service & SQL Server Integration Services.
- Able to be Hands-on for Software installation for MS SQL Server, MS SQL Reporting Service, SQL Server Integration Services, IIS Configuration setup and Packaged Software Configuration.
- Hands-on programming in Visual Studio C# .NET 2.0/3.5/4.0 and above (ASP.NET, Web Services)
- Able to analyse the requirements and propose the suitable solution for the business needs.
- Tuning SQL queries to improve the performance is a bonus point.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Windows System Environment.
- Understanding System Authentication Framework between servers within Microsoft Windows System Environment
- Working experience with TFS is a plus
- ITIL certified is a must
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.