Senior Analyst, Cyber Security
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst is an expert level threat detection and response analyst within the Marina Bay Sands’ Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC). MBS CSOC operates a follow-the-sun model, partnering with Las Vegas Sands Corp CSOC. The mission of MBS CSOC is to protect and defend MBS and LVS against cyber-attacks targeting the gaming, retail and hospitality sector.
The Senior Analyst supervises and ensure potential cyber threats are detected, investigated and escalated timely by CSOC. If required, the Senior Analyst is also capable of providing focused effort and analysis of potential cyber incidents. This position is a semi-supervisory role and works closely with the global CSOC team members in other centers around the world.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Ensure cyber threats are detected, responded and / or escalated in a timely fashion.
- Ensure cyber threat detection tools are maintained, reviewed and effective in detecting cyber threats.
- Ensure CSOC analyst runbooks are reviewed and updated timely.
- Ensure CSOC metrics and trending, including the health of the security monitoring systems are collected, reviewed and analyzed timely.
- Ensure IT compliance within CSOC operations are met.
- Ensure CSOC compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders to resolve cases, where required.
- Provide guidance to Cyber Threat Responders and Cyber Threat Analysts where required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma with at least 5-10 years of work experience in detecting and responding to cyber threats, preferably in a CSOC environment.
- Professional cyber related membership and certification is required
- Experience in Gaming, Banking or Critical Infrastructure InfoComm Industry is preferred, but not a must.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Abilities required:
- Apply techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions using intrusion detection technologies.
- Communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Knowledge required:
- Computer networking concepts and protocols.
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Incident categories, responses and timelines.
- System and application security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Security service provider reporting structure and processes.
- Defence-in-depth principles and network security architecture.
- Common attack vectors.
- Cyber-attack stages.
- Skills required:
- Identify, capture, contain and report malware.
- Detect host and network based intrusions.
- Collect data from a variety of cyber defence resources.
- Recognize and categorize types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks.
- Protect a network against malware.
- Read and interpret detection signatures.
- Perform packet-level analysis.