Confidential| Date Posted: 3-Aug-2020
Bachelor's / Honours
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully responsible for all Finance, Accounting, tax and budget functions including month-end closing activities and day-to-day finance operations.
- Analyze all financial information and organize meetings with key stakeholders in order to assist and advise management to profitably grow the business and add shareholder value.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reports as required by management.
- At all times, to ensure the financial reports comply fully with the Company’s accounting policies, local accounting standards and statutory regulations.
- Ensure timely and accurate accrual accounting for all material transactions to minimize surprises and wild swings in profitability.
- Ensure adequate provisions are promptly taken or written off for any asset that is doubtful, missing or has recoverability issues.
- Closely monitor and control the Company’s cashflow and that all payments are authorized and made according to the Company’s signing mandate.
- Ensure the Company’s receivables are timely and are recoverable.
- Prepare advance cashflow forecasts to ensure the Company has sufficient funds at all times.
- Support and be guided by Head Office on all Treasury matters including banking facilities.
- Ensure full integrity at all times, including raising any financial concerns with the immediate superior or escalate further to senior management, if required.
- Ensure timely submission of all audit (internal and statutory), tax matters, GST, etc.
- Spearhead process enhancement, system implementation, digitalization and other improvement projects.
- Assist in other tasks or projects involving finance when required.
INTERNAL CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to enhance or implement controls that are necessary to safeguard all Company assets.
- Ensure good internal control over the recording, management and safeguarding of stocks including monthly stock counts, recording of write offs, returns management, etc.
- Review all SOPs and regulate their compliance to ensure the Company’s assets are safeguarded at all times. If no SOPs are in place, to work with Head Office for the appropriate SOPs.
- Office Management & Administration
- Develop and maintain standard administrative procedures
- Manage the Company events, activities and other corporate affairs matters.
- Facility Management and office supplies or services and employee welfare activities:
- Office renovation/maintenance
- Office security & cleaning
- Couriers services
- Mobile & network connection
- Prepare and manage monthly Payroll processing which includes overtime and allowances for timely payment; as well as IRAS, CPF Board, NS claims.
- Process reimbursement of seconded staff’s salaries, allowances and other benefits claims.
- Recruitment of new or replacement staff
- Application and renewal of Foreign worker permit
- Staff welfare matters
- Ad-hoc reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, or a related subject
- 5 years or more experience in a FMCG or retail environment is preferred.
- Insightful understanding of retail best practices and in driving business performance through the use of financial analysis and budget management.
- Can-do attitude, meticulous skills, analytical mind and strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills and able to get things done quickly.