Semicon Assembly Process Snr Manager
This position is for the Manager of the Process Engineering group in Singapore in the Advanced Packaging Local Reflow Business Line. Products in this business line include die attach, flip chip and thermocompression flip chip bonders.
The Process Engineering Manager will manage a group of about 5 process engineers located at headquarters in Singapore. The manager reports to a Director located in the US. The person may also be asked to manage 1 or 2 field applications engineers located in countries that currently don’t have a country-based field applications manager.
Coordinate work load, priorities, schedule and training of the team
- Be a strong technical mentor to the team
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the operation of the machines and the bonding processes that are being performed on them.
- Make individual technical contributions and to interact on a deep technical level with other engineering functions.
- Strengthen the process group in the area of data analysis and mentor the team in this area.
- Serve as a key advisor to Marketing and Program Managers on current and future customer needs and translating customer requirements into equipment specifications.
- R&D Process for completely new platforms and derivative products
- Responsible for developing, testing and optimizing flip chip bonding processes during new product development
- Works closely with Cross Functional Teams to develop specifications and test plans for electro mechanical based subsystems and die bonding systems on new products
- Responsible for executing these test plans and reporting results to technical and project managers.
- Interaction with the system engineering team during the development of specifications for the machines performance requirements.
- Interaction with Software, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Systems Engineering during the testing of new products when reporting on the performance of the machine
- Responsible for the qualification testing of new bonders to see that they meet performance specifications
- Becomes expert on the Software features of the machine
- Determine the cause-effect relationships and potential solutions when problems are encountered
- Interfaces with Customers during qualification of the new bonding platforms –
- Traveling to customer sites during the introduction phase of the development projects
- Responsible for optimizing bonding processes for various packaging applications
- Responsible for developing and executing R&D plans for new packaging ideas and machine capability improvements
- Main interface between the field and the R&D team for escalation of issues and optimizing applications
- Responsible for training on new applications developed to the Trainers and Field Service Engineers
- Possess Master or PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Materials Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in semiconductor packaging with a focus on flip chip and/or die attach
- Minimum of 2 years of Management Experience
- Extensive experience in customer interaction and with semiconductor assembly and packaging companies and independent device manufactures required.
- Strong understanding of flip chip, die attach and thermocompression flip chip bonding processes, including an understanding of the interaction between process and material sets.
- Strong understanding of the process and electro-mechanical aspects of flip chip, die attach and thermocompression flip chip bonders.
- Strong data analysis skills, including strong knowledge of Matlab and one of JMP or Minitab.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to about 15% to customers and other company sites.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating
1) Current Drawn
2) Expecting Salary
3) Date Available
4) Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Joyce Koh Ai Leng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0868
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1110618
People Profilers Pte Ltd