Secretary to Deputy Principal
This secretarial position is primarily responsible for providing support to the High School Deputy Principal and High School Dean of Student Life. The ideal candidate has outstanding interpersonal skills and can communicate at a high level with students, families, faculty members, and administrators. In addition to an exceptional relational skill set, the successful candidate must also have a well-developed technical skill set. While prior knowledge is not required, she/he must have the ability to learn and effectively use the school's data systems. She/he will be called on to prepare reports, to assist with maintaining student schedules and to inform administrators of possible upcoming issues.
She/He also assists teachers, students, and other staff members in matters relating to the functions of the High School Office under the supervision of the Secretary to the High School Principal. It is expected that the person filling this position will assist other members of the High School Office staff as necessary and as work load permits.
Major Secretarial Responsibilities:
- High Standards. Exhibit high professionalism, standards of conduct and work ethic.
- General Support. Provide general secretarial support to the Deputy Principal and Dean of Student Life. Coordinate the scheduling of appointments and meetings for the Deputy Principal and Dean of Student Life. Assist with preparation for meetings.
- Effective Communication. Relate courteously and effectively with students, parents, school personnel, government personnel, and community members as necessary. Demonstrate cultural competence, is respectful of co-workers, and acts as a team player. Respond professionally in confrontational situations.
- Information Organization. Maintain all records, correspondence, etc. in a well-organized and accessible manner.
- Confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all personnel matters and school records.
- Support for Office Colleagues. Relieve the receptionist at the front desk and switchboard during lunch break on regular basis.
- Lost and Found. Assist with managing and communicating about Lost and Found items.
- Drug Screening. Assist with monthly drug screening procedures.
- Adherence to Laws and Policies. Stay current regarding applicable Singapore laws regarding education, data protection, and students. Perform all job-related duties in accordance to the Board rules, policies and regulations.
- Special Projects. Other projects and duties as assigned.
Major Technical Responsibilities:
- Program Planning Guide. Assist Deputy Principal with managing the annual process of updating the Program Planning Guide.
- Master Scheduling. Work in collaboration with administrators and counselors to oversee technical aspects of the master scheduling process. Handle changes to schedules, including the addition/removal of students, courses, teachers, and rooms. Assist with balancing and managing course enrollments throughout year.
- Report Generation. Assist administration and counselors with the preparation of exports, reports and student data information. Prepare scholar and at-risk lists. Update high school data dashboard each semester.
- System Integration. Keep multiple systems (i.e., Education Edge, PowerSchool, Naviance) in sync, integrated, and up-to-date.
- Grade Storage. Communicate regarding grading timelines and help to manage the electronic storing of historical grades.
The above job description is only indicative of the broad set of duties and responsibilities. Distribution of tasks is assigned by the supervisor. Other tasks may be assigned on the job, as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Major benefits include excellent medical coverage, group life and short-term disability, AWS, use of extensive school libraries, and opportunities for continued professional growth.
- Diploma from a recognised Polytechnic in Singapore or equivalent.
- LCCI Private Secretarial Certificate or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational and office management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent work attitude. Is positive, collaborative and proactive.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Operates personal computer and other office equipment with a high degree of skill. Proficiency with computer applications related to word processing, spreadsheets, and scheduling. Interest in and ability to learn new applications. (Knowledge of student information systems including PowerSchool is a plus but is not required.)
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work co-operatively and provide assistance as necessary to other team members.
- Possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and physical attributes necessary to perform the essential job functions and general performance responsibilities.
Please apply online at http://www.hirebridge.com/jobseeker2/viewdetailintra.asp?cid=6379&come=IN&joblistid=505782
SAS only considers applications that are submitted online.
Singapore American School