Secretary (Immediate, Perm)
This role works with the Head of School to provide confidential, consistent and professional administrative and secretarial support for the effective smooth running of the School’s Operations. The position is within the support staff of the school and requires a high level of efficiency, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure. Maintaining confidentiality at all times is key.
- Acts as liaison for the Head of School with the School community
- Serves as the face of the School, greeting students and parents and providing them with information.
- Manage and schedule appointments, meetings, answer phones and give administrative support to the Head of School, teachers and other school faculty members.
- Secretarial duties
- Acts as coordinator for support staff
- Maintains Head of School’s confidential office files
- Attending and producing minutes for School meetings involving the Head of School as necessary
- Collect and distribute general mails and file for attention as appropriate
- Book travel, flights and hotels for Head of School as required
- Liaise with administrative staff for meetings, training and presentation attendance
- Maintain office stationery and supplies
- Raise orders/initiate purchase requisition through school’s financial system
- Track orders and purchase requisitions for the Head of School to perform variance analysis
- Copy and distribute documents/forms signed by managers, including but not limited to, invoices, PD forms etc
- Assisting with hiring process by scheduling interviews, carrying out reference checks, copying applicant’s information for interviewees and compiling of documents to process hiring
- Event management (such as Board Meetings, Family Weekend, Opening & Closing Convocations, Luncheons, Graduation, College Events etc) that involves but not limited to – Booking calendar, booking space, making catering arrangements, arranging AV facilities etc. It may include – arranging attendance sheets, completion certificates and organizing appropriate stationery and printing materials for sessions
- Greeting and accompanying visitors around the School
- Proof-reading and collation of the Head of School work as required.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required eg Reception duties
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of PD activities, including available budget, type and number of people involved, selection and development of appropriate training materials, schedule training sessions and develop registration procedures along with ensuring that the facility for PD is properly set up.
- Setting reminders for registration deadlines and ensuring that people are registered on time for courses like SIOP and appropriate information is shared on time.
- On completion of courses/workshops, ensure that completion certificates are received and stored in school files.
- Ensure that all staff PD data is entered on school files in a timely manner.
- Provide systematic reports regarding training records and budgets.
- Keeping track of all the invoices received and ensuring that they are approved on time and sent to Finance for processing. Simultaneously, ensuring that they are entered in budget logs for tracking and follow-up with Finance for timely payment.
- Accreditation / Authorization - Responsible in assisting with maintaining compliance with Council of Private Education (CPE).
- Data management- Responsible for maintaining high standards when managing confidential information and complying with school’s data protection procedures and requirements. Perform data collection/generate reports; such as pulling reports/data on students and/or staff as needed. Gather information from various quarters within the School, and accurate completion of statistical returns and accreditation requests.
- Any other reasonable management request.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of administrative experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communicator and team player with diversity to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills with a sharp eye for details and proofing capacity or the Head of School and School publications.
- Proven experience of working in an international or MNC setting is preferred
- Experience of working with databases.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Good interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and to assess and diffuse confrontational situations.
- High level of professionalism, with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Self-disciplined and with excellent time management skills to work to deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work flexible schedule, including occasional evenings & select weekends.
- Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent IT skills (eg. Power Point, Publisher, Adobe X Pro, google drive and apple)
- Extended working hours to complete some projects and to support school-related events may be required.
PrimeStaff Management Services Pte Ltd