Science Laboratories Assistant
Designation: Science Laboratories Assistant
Location: Hougang Primary School
Working Timing: Mon to Fri: 7.30am to 4.00pm
A minimum of 2 years of work experience in an educational institution AND has some relevant experience in providing Science lab assistance An equivalent combination of education and work with a minimum NITEC/Higher NITEC academic qualification. Able to work independently AND preferably has worked with children
- Oversee day-to-day running of the school’s science laboratories and facilities
- Station and move around the Science Lab during Science lab lessons to provide assistance to students.
- Work closely with respective level subject reps to ensure that the resources for all hands-on activities are prepared prior to conduct of lessons.
- Prepare all necessary equipment and materials needed by Science teachers to carry out hands-on activities, experiments and demonstrations. (refer to Science Activity Worksheets provided by respective Science Level reps)
- Maintain laboratory equipment, apparatus, materials and specimens in good working condition
- Report all faulty machines and equipment immediately
- Keep a stock book and breakage record and indicate to HOD Science for necessary replacement.
- Prepare an inventory of stocks annually and inform HOD Science to make the necessary purchase.
- Maintain a usage record
- Maintain a safe and tidy lab environment
- Devise alternative hands-on activities in replacement to the ones found in the activity book
- Take care of the stick insects in the laboratory and the creature watch area i.e. feeding, retrieving the eggs, clearing the area of their waste.
- Provide care to the butterflies in the creature watch area i.e. obtaining fresh cuttings from the garden to feed them and clearing the enclosure of their waste.
- Provide care to the chicks in the creature watch area
- Management of the desk copies for Science teachers
- Prepare the materials requested by teachers to carry out ad-hoc hands-on activities.
- Provide support to CCAs such as E2K and Green Club
- Prepare and distribute Teaching & Learning resources e.g. deskcopies etc. to Science teachers at the beginning of the school year and collect the materials from teachers at the end of the year.
Greensafe International Pte Ltd