Science Laboratories Assistant
Designation: Science Laboratories Assistant
Location: Sengkang Green Primary School
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 8:00 am to 2.30 pm, inclusive of 30 min lunch break Thursdays: 8.00 am to 5 pm
Minimum “N” Level
Preferably with at least 3 years of working experience in similar position.
- Set up materials and equipment for day to day experiments and for performance tasks.
- Ensure all practicals /experiments that take place in the labs run smoothly. Assist teachers to trouble-shoot where possible. Check on practicals /experiments once in a while when lessons are ongoing.
- Conduct safety review of labs under his or her charge once every 6 months and suggest recommendations to HOD to improve lab safety. Lab Maintenance
- Monitoring schedule of teachers coming in and out of the science rooms.
- Assist in procurement of science equipment & instrument.
- Maintain science equipment and apparatus in the lab.
- Maintain inventory record of science lab equipment.
- Assist science teachers in lesson preparation (when necessary).
- Assist in the maintenance of the science labs, hydroponics, Discovery Haven, pond, outdoor spaces at level 3, learning centres & showcases
- Assist in the maintenance of living organisms in the lab (e.g. insects, fish etc)
- Support Science Department, to share experiences with HOD and teachers in the planning practical schedule and experiments requirement to enhance students’ experience. Ensure the labs are ready for guest visits and meetings.
Greensafe International Pte Ltd