Science Curriculum Trainee
Purpose of job:
The Curriculum trainee works within the Primary and Secondary Science teams to develop and write quality curriculum, that ensures TLL maintains a high-quality market-competitive range of product and services in the academic enrichment business arena.
The trainee generally works under the supervision of a curriculum segment head. Work may also include developing, reviewing, revising materials within the trainee’s assigned subject expertise and digitalising the materials on TLL educational technology tool.
The Curriculum trainee can look forward to developing skills in learning how to craft engaging and meaningful learning experiences for TLL’s students through planning and developing appropriate learning pathways and writing curriculum materials, appropriate to learning outcomes. In working together with the Primary and Secondary Science teams, the trainee will learn how curriculum can be effectively delivered through the targeted use of educational technology.
Accountability and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and production of quality lesson materials for programmes at TLL that meet company needs and timelines and which adhere to TLL’s curriculum quality assurance framework. This includes:
- working within the overall curriculum design to ensure that learning outcomes for the level(s) are strategically planned and well-articulated through appropriate learning and assessment activities;
- researching, writing, revising, editing and preparing for print or online delivery, all lesson materials, for various grade level(s), that align with TLL’s teaching and learning model and all MOE requirements;
- using digital design tools to create engaging interactive content to support online learning;
- developing lesson materials which leverage the benefits of an online learning platform, such as immediate feedback and data collection, and creating and executing a follow-up action plan based on such feedback and data;
- converting lesson materials to a format compatible with the online learning platform;
- supporting teacher enactment of the curriculum through the development of clear teacher reference notes and materials for each week’s lesson, working collaboratively with the teaching leadership team in documenting best practices for the classroom, and actively contributing to and participating in teacher meetings;
- ensuring the quality of the curriculum through careful observance of quality assurance processes, which includes adhering to house styles, close editing for content accuracy and presentation, vetting and collating feedback from teachers and the teaching leadership team;
- conducting administrative and project management duties and obligations responsibly as part of overall curriculum development and management.
- To ensure that the curriculum serves the purposes of TLL’s classroom and teaching contexts, the scope of work may also include teaching responsibilities, especially for trainees with little or no previous work experience in education.
Necessary qualifications and attributes:
- A good university degree in the relevant subject or related area.
- Good working knowledge of the current Singapore MOE education approaches, with practical experience in curriculum and/or education a bonus.
- High level of professional integrity and good work ethic, with a passion for education.
- Creative, dynamic, and innovative.
- Team player, with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter, open to feedback and willing to take on new challenges.
- Flexible, able to manage change and ambiguity well and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Careful, meticulous, with an eye for detail.
- Well-organised, methodical with strong time-management abilities to manage multiple tasks and teams.
- Excellent language skills, with a love for reading, research and writing.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and adept in learning new educational tools and software where necessary.
The Learning Lab