SALES- FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER
Req. ID: 120772
- Work with customer to attain design in/win and qualification of Micron SSD products in their applications.
- Provide technical support to customers and the field sales force. Support includes application advice, product recommendations and technical problem resolution.
- Visit and/or contact customers to determine their needs for new products and/or features.
- Work with marketing/design engineering team to determine the feasibility of specific new products and generate design objectives in the form of functional specifications.
- Provide product training to the field sales force, distribution sales people and customers.
- Work with QA and marketing to review and respond to product specifications and technical questionnaires submitted by customers.
- Identify and communicate the need Marketing Communication literature (e.g., product guides, cross references, advertisements, etc.).
- BSEE or MSEE
- Ability to communicate orally and written in English
- 5 years (or more) applications engineering or design experience which may include:
- Strong knowledge of chipset, BIOS and drivers.
- Strong knowledge of NAND Flash and Solid State Driver (SSD) Firmware
- Background on Server/Storage system design is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SATA and PCIe/NVMe protocols.
- Ability to perform lab debug with Bus Analyzer, DriveMate, Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers.
- Experience as an applications engineer or FAE for a storage company is preferred.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and has an ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to travel for initial training. Occasionally travel afterwards for ongoing training.
Location: 990 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339942
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: SINGAPORE || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Sales || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Application Engineering, Sales Engineer, Field Sales, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Sales
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.