Bertschi Singapore| Date Posted: 7-Sep-2020
'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform Safety Officer duties in day to day administration of the terminal safety.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement, initiative to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports safe and healthy culture.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas as safety laws and regulations, hazardous conditions monitoring and use of safety equipment.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify, correct potential hazards and ensure safety regulations compliance.
- Investigate industrial accidents, near misses, occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures and manage return to work activities.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term safety planning and development.
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment.
- Maintain high level of safety standards throughout all administrative functions.
- Take part in internal and external safety audits.
- Work towards a target of Zero recordable injury.
- Monthly safety KPI evaluation and submission.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in any field.
- At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Executive specialized in Engineering - Environmental/Health/Safety or equivalent.
- Registered Workplace Health Safety Officer preferred.
- FSM preferred.
- Knowledge of IMDG especially class 3 and 5.1
- Knowledge of drumming operations
- Knowledge of ISO tanker storage
- Knowledge of hazardous waste and their disposal
- Knowledge of working with QP for submissions
- Knowledge of Permit to work systems
- Knowledge of Risk assessment
- Knowledge of explosive flammable environment and their control measures
- Experience dealing with contractors and internal stakeholders
- Coaching will be provided if the candidate is not yet a registered safety officer with position as Asst. Safety Officer