Retail Product Manager / $4500
CAREERSTAR INTERNATIONAL| Date Posted: 11-May-2020
EA Licence No: 03C3254|EA Personal Registration No: R1986511
Manager, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours
Retail Product Manager
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customer with field salesperson and evaluating sales call results
- Provides information for management by preparing short term and long term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules
- Responsible for the entire process from the initial concept to distribution and overall sales – including marketing
- Conceptualize new products and brings them to table along with other departments
- Responsible for finalizing the product concept which can include identifying demographics as well as a target market and potential subsequent variations
- Excellent in cost control
- Proven experience as a retail buyer or relevant role
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent in product management, people management, product development, analysis, pricing, competitive analysis, sales planning, inventory control and strategy planning.
- Innovative with entrepreneur spirit
- Worked in E-commerce industry is preferred