Retail Planner / Merchandising Planner
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim today, is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into four operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate and retail; employing more than 42,000 employees across 29 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, we partner with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands.
For more information visit: www.alfuttaim.com
We are looking for a driven, analytical individual to join our Singapore Merchandise Planning team for RSH business. As a member of the planning team, the planner will be responsible for analysing and interpreting sales and stock performance across all brands, contributing to the further development of merchandise planning tools. The individual must be highly analytical with excellent mathematical problem-solving skills and be able to work in entrepreneurial environment.
Retail Planner responsibilities
- Monitor, report and interpret sales, margin & markdown performance for all brands within Singapore across all Sports & lifestyle stores
- Analyse sales and stock performance, demonstrate an understanding of key drivers of sell through and margins and provide recommendations for actions to help maximize opportunities and limit inventory risk
- Prepare top down and bottoms up sales plan by location & brand level in line with Merchandising and Finance strategies
- Manage & Maintain Merchandise financial Planning/forecast – OTB & rolling forecast
- Prepare standard weekly/monthly business reports – along with ad hoc Promotion & markdown analysis
- Develop, maintain and update tools, reports to support the needs of the business.
- Participate in development & enhancement on Planning system – SAP & BI
- Work closely with the Buyers & cross functional teams to manage the allocation & launches in the store
- A diploma or degree in merchandising or any related field
- 4-5 years’ experience in an analytical role – Merchandising, allocation or planning in retail/fashion industry
- Good understanding of MS Excel (pivot tables, functions etc)- Advance excel is a plus
- Knowledge of retail KPIs & Inventory management
- Strong planning, analytical & organizational skills
- Knowledge of SAP retail & BI is a plus
- Good communication skills
Royal Sporting House