Restaurant Manager in Japanese Cafe Concept
CAREERSTAR INTERNATIONAL| Date Posted: 27-Feb-2020
EA Licence No: 03C3254|EA Personal Registration No: R1658307
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
- Hands on in daily operation
- Helping the team understand performance targets and goals
- Training or ensuring that workers are properly trained for their specific roles
- Scheduling work hours and shifts
- Coordinating job rotation and cross-training
- Sharing company updates, financial results, and new objectives with team members
- Assisting in resolving emergencies, such as a quality or customer problem that might be escalated to the team supervisor for handling
- Identifying and resolving workplace problems, including tardiness or absenteeism
- Providing reports and activity updates to management
- Assisting in hiring and firing activities, a supervisor often requires the managerial approval of all new hires or terminations.
- A large part of the role of supervisor involves offering feedback, both constructive and positive. Constructive feedback is more challenging for most supervisors to deliver.