Resident Physician (PRAS)
Yishun Health| Date Posted: 31-Mar-2020
The department provides services in General Surgery and a range of subspecialty care in areas including Breast, Hepatobiliary, Endocrine, Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric, Colorectal, Emergency Surgery and Trauma, Vascular, Plastics and Neurosurgery.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are committed to the holistic perioperative care of patients in our Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (PRAS) team. This individual will be developed into a resourceful perioperative physician for plastic surgery patients.
Our PRAS team strives to provide holistic plastic surgery care to our patients. The care model is based upon a team-based, multidisciplinary approach for our patients from our first encounter with the patient to rehabilitation and return into the community.
Our scope of PRAS services include:
- Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Chest Wall Reconstruction
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Lower Extremity Reconstruction
- Reconstruction after Cancer Surgery
- Management and Reconstruction of Complex Wounds
- Skin Cancer Surgery and Reconstruction
- Craniofacial Reconstruction After Trauma
- Facial Fracture Surgery
- Breast Reduction
- Gynaecomastia Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss
- Scar Management and Surgery
- Minor Burns Management and Surgery
- Excision of Benign and Malignant Lesions of the Face
- Fat Grafting Procedures
You will be an integral part of the team that contributes significantly to patient care both in the inpatient as well as the outpatient setting. For our inpatients, we work closely with many other disciplines to streamline and plan for their reconstructive plan, surgical reconstruction, subsequent rehabilitation and return to the community. Prior surgical skills are not essential and we aim to provide learning opportunities for every member of the team.
The field of plastic surgery is wide and diverse, and we are confident that we can individualise the job scope to meet various commitments and career ideals. You will be responsible for the management of patients under the supervision of senior doctors and in collaboration with other healthcare professionals. With time, progressive empowerment would allow our senior PRAS resident physicians to be able to gain more clinical autonomy and job satisfaction.
- Possess a basic or postgraduate medical qualification from one of the Universities/Medical Institutions listed in the Schedules of the Singapore Medical Council.
- Registered as a medical doctor in the country of conferment of medical qualification and last place(s) of practise
- Possess at least 3 years of post housemanship working experience as a medical officer (or equivalent)
- Remain in active clinical practise for the immediate past 3 years
- Candidate whose basic medical qualification is not conducted in the English language must provide evidence of English Proficiency and meet the acceptable score specified by the Singapore Medical Council
- Prior plastic surgery exposure would be favourable, but not a necessity for application
Please indicate your interest with a detailed CV at [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
Yishun Health is a network of medical institutions and health facilities in the north of Singapore, under the National Healthcare Group. It comprises Admiralty Medical Centre, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Yishun Community Hospital. We regret that only applications submitted through NHG Career Webpage (corp.nhg.com.sg/Careers), Yishun Health Career Webpage (ktph.com.sg/jobseeker/careers), JobStreet Singapore (jobstreet.com.sg) and JobCentral Singapore (jobscentral.com.sg) will be considered. If you are accessing this job posting from another website, please visit the official web pages mentioned above.