Research Fellow (contract till 31 Mar 2021), Living Analytics Research Centre
The Living Analytics Research Centre (LARC) is a research centre set up in Singapore Management University (SMU) with Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) as our strategic partner that focuses Urban and Community Livability, Personalised Urban Mobility, Jobs and Skills Intelligence, as well as Smart Consumption and Healthy Lifestyle. Candidates who join us can also expect to gain a deeper knowledge in the following areas such as Big Data Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Human Computer Interaction, Urban Computing and other relevant disciplines.
- Work with faculty researchers on research topics in the urban/social computing, smart cities and consumer business domains, namely Data and Text Mining, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Crowdsourcing, Recommender Systems, Social-Urban Sensing and Big Data Infrastructure.
- Required to design research methodologies and develop algorithms and models.
- Required to design and conduct experiments, and implement applications, tools and systems.
- Assist to develop analytics capabilities in big data infrastructure and conduct data science studies.
- PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Good knowledge in relevant research topics and possess related research skills
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++ and C
- Strong interest in human computer interaction and visualization is an added advantage
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills
- Analytical and meticulous with attention to details
Singapore Management University