Research Fellow (2-year contract), Office of Core Curriculum
Singapore Management University| Date Posted: 8-Jan-2021
Masters / PhD
- Research on urban vegetation
- Lead research into multi-scale observation and modelling of urban vegetation in Singapore.
- Development of algorithms and vegetation models for integration in the DUCT for climate analysis.
- Validation of urban models related to vegetation analysis.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g. Architecture, Building, Ecology, Engineering, Geography, Sustainability Sciences).
- ABD doctoral students who expect to graduate within July 2021 will also be considered.
- Field expertise in quantitative methods (e.g. spatial data analysis, urban climate modelling) and/or qualitative methods (e.g. field surveys, focus group discussions) is expected.
- Strong Knowledge and proficiency in programming, spatial science and statistical software is required (e.g. R, ArcGIS, Matlab).
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English is essential.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members.
Singapore Management University