Research Engineer (1-year contract), Living Analytics Research Centre
- Perform R&D in Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning and Machine Learning areas under the supervision of university professors and senior researchers
- Responsible for developing demonstrable technologies and applications to showcase new research capabilities
- Gather requirements for the assigned tasks
- Conduct literature survey, learn state-of-the-art research techniques through reading research papers, and to implement these techniques when needed
- Required to design and implement web and mobile software and application systems to demonstrate novel analytics capabilities
- Required to present and explain his/her works to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science and other relevant disciplines. Bachelor/Master Degree in Operations Research and other related disciplines.
- Good knowledge of Databases, Data Mining, Distributed Computing, Operating Systems, and Mathematical Optimization.
- Strong interest in the AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, and Optimization
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++, C, CPLEX/OPL, Mathlab
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills
- Experience in the following technologies will be beneficial:
- Apache Storm
- MySQL, Postgresql
- Tomcat, NodeJS, Apache, Nginx and Xampp
- Linux Environment (CentOS 6.x, Ubuntu 14.x), Bash Scripting
- Virtualization (VMWare, KVM, Vagrant, Docker)
- GPU Computing and Deep Learning
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience
Singapore Management University