Research & Consulting Manager / Senior Manager (2-year contract), Institute of Service Excellence
The role will support ISE in its mission with a focus on research and thought leadership by developing high quality Singapore- and Asian- based research on service excellence and consulting research projects. The role would be involved in the following:
- Consulting Research projects
- Monitor and analyze the outcomes of consulting projects as well as guiding and counseling team members.
- Client engagement for consulting research projects including understanding clients’ research needs as well as development and crafting of proposals.
- Plan and develop research methodology, questionnaires, data processing/cleaning, analysis, reporting.
- Present key insights to clients.
- Business Development for Research Consulting Projects
- Develop research project proposals and reports for consultancy and research requirements.
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders, clients from both public and private sectors to continually identify opportunities for problem-based research that will impact positive change in the industry.
- Thought Leadership
- Assist researchers in the development of thought leadership articles and academic journal papers related to service. This includes academic literature review, desktop research, data extraction from external and institutional data sources, as well as analysis.
- CSISG Membership Reports
- Assist in generating and checking CSISG membership reports.
- A degree in Business, Economics, Statistics or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a research or consultancy role.
- Strong data analysis skills and able to work with large datasets.
- Meticulous with strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Experience in the use of statistical software packages and database language such as SPSS, R and SQL.
- Good understanding of research methodologies and able to perform data analysis
- Able to work with large datasets
- Familiar with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experienced in the use of statistical software packages like SPSS or R
- Team player with excellent interpersonal
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- A keen learner who is curious to discover news insights.
- Willing to pick up new research skills as needed.
Singapore Management University