Research Associate , Applied Statistics (contract ending 30 June 2025), ROSA
Singapore Management University| Date Posted: 22-Dec-2020
Masters / PhD
- This position is for Centre for Research on Successful Ageing (ROSA).
- Data cleaning, processing and publication of updated Singapore Life Panel (SLP) dataset conducted in STATA.
- Update of SLP data documentation (e.g. data dictionaries, briefings for derived variables).
- Assist with literature reviews, and staying up-to-date with academic literature on the treatment of longitudinal data.
- Improve quality of SLP dataset by way of construction of attrition weights and constructing new derived variables.
- Publication of academic papers (either individually on statistics / data science or co-authoring as the data scientist alongside researchers in economics / sociology / psychology).
- Contribution to research collaborations with government ministries and agencies.
- Providing advice to researchers on the data that is available in the SLP and its proper treatment.
- Quarterly preparation of descriptive summary statistics for sharing at research team meetings, distribution in newsletters, or for sharing with the media.
- Master’s degree in Statistics preferred.
- Strong skills in data processing, analytics and modelling using Stata is essential.
- Experience with longitudinal datasets is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of Excel.
- Additional proficiency in SPSS or R will be highly valued.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with published research in quantitative methods, particularly longitudinal panel data.
- Publications based on these methods would be advantageous.
Singapore Management University