Research Associate (1-year contract), School of Law
Singapore Management University| Date Posted: 22-May-2020
Bachelor's / Honours
- Be in residence at SMU throughout the term of the appointment.
- The Research Associate will be expected to conduct research in CAIDG’s research areas with a well-defined research agenda during the term of the appointment. It is expected that the Research Associate will publish research in approved journals during his or her term of the appointment and give at least one Research Seminar at SMU.
- Expected to be collegial and assist in the administration work of the Centre at SMU which includes the organization of seminars and conferences or other events for SMU and the writing of reports and position papers.
- Administrative work, e.g. events management and support, will form some part of the Research Associate’s portfolio. The administrative work is non-negotiable. Candidates who do not wish to do administrative work need not apply.
- Postgraduate degree in law or related fields.
- Possess research experience in law and technology, particularly in legal, ethical and policy issues arising from the use of AI, or any other social science discipline with research skills and training in methodology and policy, with a demonstrated record of research output in the form of refereed journal articles or conference papers, or other forms of research dissemination evidencing abilities to analyse and communicate.
- An interest in comparative research in the relevant context is an advantage but not mandatory.
Singapore Management University