Relief Teaching Assistant
UWCSEA Dover is seeking Primary School Teaching Assistants who can work as relief covers. The selected candidates will need to be available at short notice (may be contacted very early in the morning and must be available at short notice) during busy periods to cover staff absences, and possibly for longterm covers such as maternity leave cover.
- To support student learning in the classroom under the direction of the teacher
- Communicate effectively with students and ensure that their learning is prioritised and appropriately supported
- Assist teachers in all aspects of student learning and curriculum, including programme delivery
- Monitor and record student progress, well being and behaviour in an effort to better meet a student's needs and goals
- Support students during break times as well as arrival and departure in the bus bay as required
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of individual/family circumstances and assist with any other administrative duties as assigned
- minimum certificate/diploma in related discipline
- at least 2 years of relevant experience in similar capacity
- competence using technology
In terms of qualities, they will:
- have a caring and supportive approach to children aged 4-11
- be an excellent role model and be a team player
- be adaptable and open to change
- be able to work both under the direction of the teacher, and on their own initiative
- be appreciative of, and sensitive towards, children’s differing backgrounds
- be willing to learn and undertake training
- be professional in all interactions within the school setting
- abide by the school’s policies and practices, including the code of conduct and confidentiality
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia