Relief Teaching Assistant [East]
UWCSEA is seeking Primary School Teaching Assistants who can work in our East campus as relief covers. The selected candidates will need to be available at short notice* during busy periods to cover staff absences and long-term covers such as maternity.
The teacher assistant (TA) will assist and deliver instruction within the classroom environment and other settings to their allocated students in support of their learning.
- To support student learning in the classroom under the direction of the teacher.
- Communicate effectively with students and ensure that their learning is prioritised and supported fully and appropriately
- Engage in all aspects of student learning and curriculum, including programme delivery.
- Monitor and record student progress, well being and behaviour in an effort to better meet a student needs and goals
- Support students during break times as well as arrival and departure in the bus bay as required
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of individual/family circumstances and any other administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum certificate/diploma in related discipline
- with at least 2 years of relevant experience in similar capacity
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently and passionate about working with children.
- Excellent English (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills
- A growth-mindset
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, working knowledge of Windows/Mac platform and collaborative software such as google calendar and event planning
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia