Regional Manager, Asia Pacific
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) is an international non-profit organisation seeking to recruit a Regional Manager to join the Asia Pacific region.
The Regional Manager will fully manage the CWGCs operational commitment in the region. Responsible for implementing organisational policy, including that relating to the application of approved working practices, health and safety and environmental standards and policies relating to corporate objectives. Responsible for ensuring the continued commemoration of war casualties in conjunction with Area Works specialists, and the effective management and maintenance of Horticultural and Works features in the Asia Pacific region.
The role is intended to be based in Singapore, so candidates must have the right to live and work in Singapore.
- Manage the Commission’s commitment and staff in the Asia Pacific region.
- Maintain the Commission’s Horticultural and Works standards within the Asia Pacific region.
- Identify and execute regular inspection visits to Commission’s cemeteries and memorials to ensure appropriate standards of Management, Horticulture and Works are maintained.
- Manage and monitor delegated budgets, prepare estimates, comment on the monthly accounts and expenditure reports in accordance with corporate objectives to ensure achievement of Horticultural and Works objectives.
- Manage the horticultural maintenance programme and contractual maintenance agreements.
- Establish, negotiate, specify and administer maintenance agreements with contractors.
- Manage the implementation of corporate Health and Safety Policies including the adoption of safe working practices.
- Collate and provide data and information in line with ISO 45001.
- Co-ordinate all projects with the UK based Operations, Finance, HR and Technical Manager Managers in respect of budgets and staffing issues.
- To support the UK based Technical Manager (Works) as required with the delivery of major projects.
- Manage the staff appraisal process for the region.
- Identify skills and knowledge gaps and identify training needs for all staff.
- A recognised management qualification and demonstrable successful experience of working in an international management position is essential.
- 5+ years’ experience of effective Operations, project, change and performance management in an international environment.
- Clear evidence of strong budget management skills and financial literacy.
- A recognised technical qualification (BTEC/HND or equivalent) in Horticultural, conservation management or construction is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment, with an understanding of cultural and political sensitivities will be essential.
- Able to ensure effective and efficient management of all Area resources with good planning and organisation skills. An excellent communicator who can develop and maintain professional networks and successfully engage a range of stakeholders including diplomatic missions.
- An excellent standard of the English language, both oral and written.
What we Offer
An attractive remuneration package based on skills and experience, permanent working contract, Training and Development.
To apply send your C.V and covering letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] by 21st June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in accordance with our job applicant privacy notice, available upon request. The CWGC is an equal opportunities employer.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission