The Elementary School (ES) Office has two entrances, an A entrance for Kindergarten-Grade 2 and a B entrance for Grade 3-5. We are seeking the right person to join our team as a “B” side office receptionist. The ES B receptionist is the first point of contact for the elementary office and will greet and assist students, employees, community members and other visitors throughout the day. The ES Receptionist should be well organized, have excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills, critical thinking abilities, a positive work attitude and demonstrate initiative.\
- Manage the sign in and classroom access for substitute employees reporting to work and maintain accurate substitute records Ready Sub.
- Ensure that the office is an organized and welcoming environment for visiting guests.
- Manage inquiries through telephone, email, and in-person, while. ensuring that messages are delivered to staff and students in a timely manner.
- Maintain attendance records for students in Veracross and inform teachers of reported absences, and follow unverified absence procedures, while maintaining a daily attendance record for faculty members.
- Accept and distribute all incoming packages and mail to ES Faculty members.
- Assemble morning announcements and supervises students making the morning announcement over the PA system.
- Coordinate with community members on fundraising or running donation drives in the ES Office and ensure that donations are collected in a timely manner.
- Assist parents who are taking students off campus early to ensure that proper sign out and security procedures are followed.
- There will be continuous interaction with members of the public. It is important that the receptionist is up to date with events occurring on campus, the local neighbourhood and throughout the SAS community.
- Ensure good directional knowledge of the campus to provide assistance to visitors.
- Be familiar with vision members and teams, while coordinating and distributing information, as necessary.
- Assist other secretarial employees to complete projects when able.
- Oversee the lost and found process and assist students and community members to locate missing items.
- Assist students with transportation issues when applicable, in the transportation team.
- Process orders for office staff..
- Manage and maintain the ES office rental equipment and ensure students are following the equipment rental procedures.
- Keep current on office lock down and emergency procedures.
- Assist students to find solutions by utilising Responsive Classroom training and connect students with counselors or deputy principles as needed.
- Diploma from a recognized Polytechnic preferred
- Computer literate in Mac OS, Microsoft, Google Suite
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Team-spirited, driven and "go the extra mile" attitude is essential; strong customer-focused mindset and execution approach
- Knowledge of Powerschool, Veracross or ReadySub is an asset but not necessary.
Sound like you? If you have the DNA to work in a fast moving, dynamic, and exciting environment we want to hear from you
Please apply using the link: http://recruit.hirebridge.com/jobseeker2/viewdetailintra.asp?cid=6379&come=IN&joblistid=517540
SAS only considers applications that are submitted online.
Singapore American School