Real Estate Accounting Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide financial reporting services and prepare client financial statement packages for a portfolio of clients and properties.
- Undertake review work and provide support to direct reports and junior staff.
- Apply cash and accrual accounting principles to prepare, analyse, maintain and deliver complete and accurate financial reports in a timely manner.
- Undertake financial analysis and variance commentary in monthly reporting packs.
- Create and post journal entries; ensure that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Financing / borrowing cost journals
- Fair value movement / adjustment journals
- Acquisition & borrowing costs - capitalising & amortising journals
- Depreciation schedules
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting, for existing or new property and client transitions.
- Participate in property tax calculations.
- Maintain property billings including rental, recurring and sundry charges; assist in managing arrears collection
- Process payment runs including funds requests
- Possess a Degree in Accountancy or studying for a professional accounting qualification (ie. CA, CPA or ACCA or equivalent)with at least 5 years of working experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory role will be an advantage. Experience with real estate accounting software (MRI / Yardi) preferred.
- An intermediate knowledge of GAAP and IFRS principle
For more Banking and Finance Jobs visit us at: