R&D Test Development Senior/ Principal Engineer
- Focuses on test generation and documentation for product test solutions using standard test platforms or wholly customized test development to provide manufacturing solutions that meet both the customers’ requirements and factory manufacturing support groups’ requirements.
- Work with engineering teams to develop test coverage and test plan for new products. Develop test stations with cross-functional teams to ensure manufacturing related defects are detected prior to product shipment.
- Drives and scope initial customer discussions regarding test strategies and methods. Proposes best test strategy and present strategy to customer including early involvement with new customer engagements.
- Design schematics for custom circuit interfaces and signal controls & conditioning in test system design.
- Analyse the requirements for test system and determine which requirements have software components and create test automation programs.
- Develops test project proposals and associated cost estimates.
- Focuses on GR&R & Cpk for Test Systems Analysis.
- Present test concepts, data and recommendation to management via phase exit review process or to customers during technical presentations.
- Work with and manage suppliers to develop test fixtures to ensure correct performance and quality per design requirements.
- Develops and deploys processes and test systems within the workgroup.
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Software Design/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in test development.
- Understanding of electronic component/embedded system integration and testing and makes independent judgement using sound engineering principles and test techniques.
- Must have advanced knowledge of software languages and programming techniques (C/C++/C#/Visual Basic), revision control, and verification and validation techniques.
- Shall be considered expert in the use of test development applications (e.g. FCT: National Instruments LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows CVI).
- Requires little supervision for the completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of interfacing with SPI/I2C/USB/PCIe/UART/GPIB/RS232/CAN Bus/Multibus/PWM/JTAG/RFID is a PLUS.
- Leads or participates in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format and project post mortem.
- Willing to travel if needed.
- Candidates with more years of experience will be considered for the role of Principal Engineer
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature, and level, of the work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
We invite interested candidates to write-in with CV in MS Word format to Lee Shiow Chyn, EA 12C6130/ R1112042 [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a discussion.
HPS Partners Pte Ltd