R&D Firmware Engineer
At Keysight, we help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurements and make a difference in the world.
Keysight Singapore Center of Excellence is expanding in the areas of next generation hardware and software manufacturing test technologies used in electronic product design and test for customers around the world. We are looking for people with a desire to be at the leading edge of innovative test technologies and has passion for creating new innovations. In addition, you will have the opportunity to lead/participate in the development of projects in the area of cyber security, data analytic, test and measurement products.
With strong collaborations & partnerships with local universities here in Singapore, the center will attract top local graduates from computer science, artificial intelligence, systems programming and electrical/electronic/computer engineering schools.
- Design and develop Keysight’s Manufacturing Test platform embedded sub-systems.
- Create object libraries, applications and drivers deployed inside our hardware.
- Develop applications and drivers on operating systems such as Linux and embedded systems RTOS’s.
- Program in high level and low level languages as appropriate including Modern C++, C/C++ and assembler.
- Document software designs and code with specifications and source comments.
- Must have Bachelor/Master/PhD Degree in Electrical/Electronic with >5 years related working experience.
- Minimum 3 years of directly related experience in embedded systems design and development with a demonstrated record of leadership in design and productizing microcontroller based product.
- Strong programming skill in high level and low level languages such as Modern C++, C/C++ and assembler is a must.
- Must have working experience developing multi-threaded applications.
- Familiar with Linux OS, kernel internals expertise is an added advantage.
- Experience working with other RTOS like VxWorks, ThreadX is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of processors such as ARM, PowerPC or MIPS is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge related to low level device driver development for peripherals like Serial, USB, Ethernet is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with programmable logic languages such as VHDL, Verilog and HLS.
- Knowledge in high speed digital design (USB/PCI express) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing test industry highly regarded.
- Experience using equipment like oscilloscopes, logic analyzer for problem resolution and design verification.
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
APAC : Singapore : Singapore : Singapore
Job ID : 29204
Keysight helps customers bring breakthrough electronic products and systems to market faster and at a lower cost. Keysight’s solutions go where the electronic signal goes, from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in the network. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, internet infrastructure, aerospace & defense, automotive, semiconductor and general electronics end markets.