R&D Chemist (Color Lens Technology)
- Formulate new and existing inks based on customer, company and market needs in order to satisfy customer and market expectations
- Synthesis and characterization of ink components as needed in order to bring new and or improved colored contact lenses to market
- Perform lab bench work testing raw materials, intermediates and formulated inks in order to ensure product quality and consistency
- Work with QA, Engineering, and manufacturing as needed in order to identify and resolve issues responsible for product defects (examples: printing defects, damaged contact lens).
- Engage with raw material vendors in procurement of materials and equipment in order to ensure quality and an uninterrupted supply of materials used in printing inks
- Ability to differentiate color nuances by eye in order to identify out of specification inks and variations in printing performance
- Mechanical aptitude for working with and adjusting equipment in order to ensure intended color images are transferred to targeted location of a contact lens
- Assist in the scale up process from lab to commercial production in order to support new product launches
- Develop a working knowledge of available analytical and physical testing equipment
- Maintain accurate product development records and data files in order to protect and preserve technology
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in order to prevent mistakes and accidents.
- Other projects/duties as assigned in order to ensure necessary tasks within R&D and other departments are completed on time.
BS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related science with working experience in coloured contact lens manufacturing/colour mixing.
Knowledge and experience in working with printing inks and or coatings.
Knowledge of statistical methods and their application to laboratory measurements, and in evaluating product and process performance.
Proficient in the use of MS Excel for analysis of laboratory data. An ability to communicate, present and report results using MS Power Point is also necessary.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Kindly email your resume in a detailed Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
People Profilers Pte Ltd
Tel: 6950 9753
EA Registration Number: R1111375
EA licence number 02C4944
EA Personnel: Lee Hui En Ashley
People Profilers Pte Ltd