R&D Bioprocessing Scientist (Microbiology)
UVAXX is a Singapore SME developing and manufacturing autogenous vaccines for aquaculture. Our customers are mainly in Singapore but we are working with a couple of overseas customers as well. For our Singapore team we are looking for an energetic, forward-thinking professional to join our veterinary vaccine and diagnostic unit in Singapore.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development and production of vaccines for aquatic animals. This position will involve biotechnology and fermentation research for the production of bacterins and recombinant proteins. The role will be reporting to the Head of R&D (Immunology).
- Master or PhD (preferred) in Microbiology, Virology, Biotechnology or any related field.
- At least 2 years of laboratory work experience in handling bacteria, recombinant proteins/vectors or plasmids and molecular biology is desired.
- Experience in fed-batch fermentation process in medium sized fermenters would be advantageous.
- Strong molecular biology and biochemistry background are required as you will be leading recombinant protein expression in microbial systems, primers design and molecular diagnostic.
- Experience in veterinary vaccine design is desired but not necessary.
- Good management and communication skills. Able to work cohesively within a small team and guide junior team members on laboratory tasks.
UVAXX Pte Ltd