CHOON HIN STAINLESS STEEL PTE LTD| Date Posted: 23-Nov-2020
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- To take direct instruction from the Contract Manager and in his absence from the Company’s Director.
- To study through the tender requirements and contract specifications in conjunction with the complete set of tender drawings prior to the commencement of the tendering exercise.
- To prepare materials and quantities taking off on the project under tender / quotation.
- To identify any special works which are outside our normal work scope as specified in the project requirements.
- To prepare up-to-date costings on materials, fabrication and installation prices, etc for accurate tendering exercise.
- To request for quotation from suppliers and sub-contractors on works which are out of our normal scope of works.
- To work closely with the sales dept on the pricing of costings on take-off items for the computation of tender documents. The final pricing for all tenders and quotations shall be approved by the General Manager or Company’s Director before forwarding to clients / Main Contractors. All quotations are to be submitted before the closing of tender.
- To assist in talking phone calls on sales enquiry from potential clients. To offer as much assistance as possible and thereafter, passing to the sales dept for follow-up action.
- To assist in the typing of quotations and cover letter for tender document. To establish running reference number on all out-going letters and to be signed off by the Sales Dept. A copy of the letter is to be circulated to the General Manager for reference.
- To prepare budget costing on all required materials breakdown , fabrication and installation pricing , etc for each project. Two budget costing sheets are to be prepared, one sheet indicating the actual cost price (Buying) and the other sheet showing the mark-up pricing (Selling).
- The budget costing sheets should be ready within a week after receiving the official letter of confirmation from clients.
- To provide briefing to all Dept Heads on the scope of works covered under the contract.
- The budget costing sheet on the actual cost pricing is to be given to the Purchasing Dept for the efficients negotiation with the suppliers and sub-contractors.
- The budget costing sheet reflecting the mark-up cost pricing is to be given to the Accounts Dept. This will assist in the monitoring and computation of the actual profit generated from the project.
- To keep an update records on the variation order items for all project and to submit the claims accordingly.
- To liaise closely with the Project Dept on the variation works before the preparation of the final claims. To chase and discuss with the Main Contractor / Project Consultants on the early settlements of the final accounts.
- To keep a record on all the quotations / tenders send out to Main Contractor / Clients.
- To prepare a weekly report on which tentative quotations could be prepared and submitted to the Main Contractor / Clients. The weekly report to be submitted on the first working day of the week to the General Manager.
- To maintain a proper and sequential filing system on the quotation / tender documents and correspondences are to forwarded to the Operation / Design Manager for follow-up action.
- To perform additional tasks as instructed by the General Manager / Company’s Director from time to time.
CHOON HIN STAINLESS STEEL PTE LTD