Quantity Surveyor (Construction)
Preferred applicants will have at least 5 years’ experience in the construction industry as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably with experience in Singapore. They must have good communication skills, attention to detail and a solid understanding of the Construction Industry. Experience in the hospitality industry and high quality fit-out works is an advantage.
The Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility to administer Commercial and Procurement processes. Participate in the preparation of Tender documentation. Participate in the assessment, negotiation, and award of Construction, Consultant and Supplier Contracts and Purchase Orders. Undertake all aspects of the Contract Administration process in managing these contracts.
- Administer the Development cost reporting system. Monitoring budgets, commitments and change on various projects
- Liaising and interfacing with other disciplines such as Design, Project Management and Construction to ensure that the most up to date information is being reported and tracked
- Liaise with Accounting and Finance for cost control system updates
- Prepare and review all cost reports for issue to Senior Management and Corporate
- Preparing and managing cash flow projections
- Monitor and advise Senior Management on the expenditure of project contingencies
- Undertake ad hoc commercial responsibilities as required and directed by the Commercial Director
- Maintain project registers such as payments, changes and contractual correspondence.
- Prepare and analyse job cost data for use on future projects
- Perform all aspects of Commercial Contract Administration
Education & Certification
- Tertiary Degree in a Construction/Building/Quantity Surveying related field
- Minimum 5 years working experience in relevant positions and preferably (but not necessarily) with a track record of working in Singapore
- Qualification or Membership of Industry Professional bodies are desirable but not a necessity
- Self-motivated, good working attitude with a high level of personal professionalism and integrity
- High degree of initiative and independence with strong analytical and organizational skills, details orientated and the multi-task.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction procurement process and commercial awareness.
- Proven ability to work within a team essential
- Ability to communicate and interact with senior management and the project team at all levels
- Strong computer and software skills with proficiency in MS Office, in particular strong ability in Excel
- Previous experience with the Ariba Network is an advantage