Role Summary/Purpose :
Support quality control of cabinets manufacturing for Bently & Controls using appropriate support documentation, schematics, Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPIs), specifications, customer special instructions, Bills of Material (BOMs), DARRT system, in support of the Production Plan and Project requirements.
Essential Responsibilities :
• A member of the Global Supply Chain management group supporting/testing Bently Nevada and Control solution global projects.
• Perform Incoming and Outgoing project material inspection.
• Perform periodic Quality Audits at in-house and vendor site.
• Able to handle basic electrical measuring equipment’s to verify the requirements.
• Create appropriate quality record of test/drawings/MDB documentation when needed.
• Interpret electrical, mechanical and P&ID drawings and quality instructions.
• Support Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT).
• Post cabinet assembly inspection and discuss with team/supplier on Assembly and design issues on Cabinet Hardware and requirements.
• Monitors Defects from outsourced cabinet assemblers to improve productivity by reducing Cost of failure’s, Re-works, Identifying Change order pushbacks from
• Support implementation of Quality Management System and other regulatory activities. Influence and communicate well with all levels of the organization.
• Follows best engineering standards and practices during Manufacturing and Manage communication with various cabinet assembly shops on a project
to project basis.
• Ability to identify and execute Process Improvement / Cycle Reduction initiatives.
• Interact with internal and external customers as needed.
• Technical University or College diploma/degree in Electrical / Electronics/ Instrumentation / Controls / Mechanical engineering/Quality Engineering with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Mfg. an applicable field.
• Basic knowledge of Prime Mover theory of operation.
• Basic knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and/or mechanical principles.
• Ability to apply systematic problem-solving approach.
• Ability to read and understand basic types engineering documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired Characteristics :
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Manufacturing experience and/or Quality Control experience in applicable field.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Skilled at using appropriate quality tools and data validation.