We are seeking a motivated individual to join the QHSE Department as a QHSE Officer
In this role you will contribute to the application of effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management.
You will need a strong background in documentation with knowledge in Marketing and Communication. Excellent English skills are essential. You are able to run your own campaigns on sustainability topics such as energy savings and environmental protection. You have gained first experiences in writing and reviewing operating procedures, tender documents, prepare presentations and you have excellent customer service skills. Knowledge in ISO standards (9001, 14001, 50001) are desirable. An internal auditor certificate is an excellent addition to your profile.
- Process review and document control
- Assist in the preparation, review and continual development of Company’s IMS documentation updating the Record of Changes as required.
- Provide HSE statistics and record keeping of QHSE activities.
- Audits and Safety Inspections
- Develop Internal Audit Planner and carry out internal audits and safety inspections.
- Follow up on the close out of all internal and external audit findings, update regularly the Register of Non-Conformities.
- QHSE matters
- Assist in preparation of all HSE Plans and HSE questionnaires
- Assist in Incident and Near Miss Investigations and analyse trends as required.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Promote a positive QHSE culture, provide advice on all aspects of QHSE
- Facilitate QHSE communication (i.e. newsletters, notice board, alerts etc.)
- Liaison with local authorities and other relevant organizations on QHSE matters.
- Able to independently run Company’s environmental and energy-saving campaigns.
Qualification and Personal Requirement:
- At least 1 year’ experience in occupational HSE in the shipping industry.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Meticulous, organized, with excellent communication skills.
- Report writing skills and problem-solving capability.
- Knowledge of statutory and classification certification
- Knowledge of ISO Management systems i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc.
- Ability to work using own initiative or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and meet deadlines.
- Internal auditor certificate is a “plus” for the right candidate.
What we offer:
- 5 day work week
- Flexible working hours
- Support for life long learning
- Location: Suntec City
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the job title for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.