QC Manager *Petrolchem*
Recruit Express Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 21-Jun-2019
EA Licence No: 99C4599|EA Personal Registration No: R1875289
Manager, Senior Manager
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- To plan, organize, manage and control day to day operations of the laboratory to meet all Clients’ (internal and external) requirements within budgeted operating costs.
- To uphold the safety standards of the laboratory at all times.
- To manage all laboratory employees, their competence, welfare and behavior.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support teams through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls of the laboratory, ensuring optimal use of facility within budgets.
- Represent Senior Management on the ground making day to day decisions that support the improvement, development and expectations of the business lines.
- Manage the attendance, discipline and welfare of the laboratory employees including their development, growth and safety.
- Manage the organization of processes, procedures and fiscal documents in a manner that information is kept discreet and in a professional order.
- Hold regular meetings with Laboratory employees to ensure they are kept informed of all progress, expectations and updates.
- Supervise and coach employees on a continual basis to optimise use of their skills and knowledge.
- Conduct regular technical audits of the laboratory capability, technical standards, procedures, equipment and staff and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Provide regular reports to senior management on the capability and serviceability of equipment and instrumentation in the laboratory.
- Maintain laboratory safety standards through regular safety audits of facility, features and environment.
- Organize clients’ tour of laboratory facilities, provide client advice and resolve client queries.
- To control, issue and approve all standard and non standard laboratory procedures.
- To authorize and review laboratory purchase orders and to ensure that all jobs are priced in accordance with prevailing rate (contract or quoted) to allow correct preparation of invoice.
- To develop and manage a system of Laboratory Key Performance Indicators to highlight efficiency and best practices or areas for improvement to laboratory staff at all levels.
- Responsible for Health and Safety in the laboratory.
- Develop and train staff to the required levels of expertise and administer division performance appraisal techniques in a timely manner.
- Apply discipline and grievance procedures in accordance with HR policies and to inform HR of all employee related matters so that a consistent approach is achieved.
- To ensure that staffing levels are suitable for workload and controlled to budget levels. Where necessary, to take active role in interviewing and selection of new staff.
- Support the implementation of the Division’s QA program as per the QA manual in all sections of the Laboratory.
- To assist the Division Manager in the preparation of responses to major laboratory quotations, bids and tenders.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted within clients and recognized industry health and safety regulations.
- To provide input to annual budget process, including CAPEX requests.
- To plan, schedule and conduct maintenance (overhaul) of Cetane/Octane engines
- Degree in Business Management / Engineering or related field
- Minimum five years of working experience in management position
- Ability to coordinate and motivate a team towards a common goal
- Able to interact with all levels of management, suppliers and client
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skill
Interested candidates can write in to Ann at anngoh@ recruitexpress.com.sg
Ann Goh Xin Ting
E.A License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd