Goltens Singapore Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 3-Sep-2018
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the QC Department day to day operations in liaison with all Technical Depts.
- To ensure that the quality control of the company's product lines meet the quality standard, target and work scopes.
- To ensure a complete record of all components and data of all components of the company's products with proper traceability.
- To set up QC procedures and checklist to ensure final reconditioned and overhaul components are inspected and compiled to the requirement before deliver to customers.
- Propose measures to lower QC expenses without compromising the quality of the QC services.
- To advice adequate and appropriate inspection requirements and NDT for end product qualification.
- To ensure completion of all assignments in the fastest time possible in order to increase productivity leading to higher output of the QC department.
- Ensure high quality standard in all reports and submissions pertaining to the components in the workshop.
- To offer best cooperation and communication with the other departments and Process Supervisors and ensure best service and advice to solve technical issues that might arise.
- To take ownership of all QC related jobs and duties and to ensure continuous improvement in all QC related assignments so as to meet the expectations of the Department and Management.
- Identify training needs where required and recommend skill enhancement plans to meet the job requirements.
- Responsible in maintaining the QC equipment and tools in good order and with valid calibration certification.
- Maintenance of good housekeeping at job locations
- To ensure that all deviations are recorded by an NCR with analysis and corrective action.
- To display initiative for follow up of all the jobs within the workshop and external service provider locations and take corrective actions for quality control.
- Be required to attend to vessel’s inspections and enquiry on behalf of the Company and may also be detailed to work with other departments with the Company on other projects.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the management and your Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Technical / Professional:
- At least Diploma/Degree in Quality Management
- Knowledge of repair process for diesel engine components including welding methods and WPS & PQR.
- Thorough understanding of machining and fitting techniques, specialized coatings and plating.
- Knowledge of OSHAS and ISO standards
- Competent in Microsoft Office & Lotus Approach
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet productivity goals
- Good communication skill
- Good supervisory skill
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Marine / Engineering Industry
Goltens Singapore Pte Ltd