QA Assistant (Game development, 6-month Contract)
- Join a global market leader for a contract role offering attractive compensation
Our client is a leading game development firm in Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different
As a QA Assistant, you will be taking directions from the QA Lead and Production teams. You will work closely with all departments to ensure they meet their goals and that the QA team is kept updated on developments.
Your responsibilities include:
- Functionality Testing
- Testing both the game and supporting tools.
- Finding bugs and potential exploits in the game and reporting them.
- Conducting exploratory and destructive testing by playing the game to flag relevant bugs and seek possible exploits in the game.
- Following up on issues to ensure that they are fixed and when they are fixed perform regression checks to maintain a clean bug base.
- Abiding by the test cases defined by the Dev Test QA teams to ensure features work as per designed.
- Ensuring the Smoke Tests and other routine checks like - Playability, Performance and Divergence tests - requested by the Dev Team are performed.
- Participating in any additional ad-hoc testing or team activities in order to support the Dev Test team with additional manpower, as and when required. You might be required to provide local technical support to play sessions/demo with guidance from senior QA or Dev.
- Creating and sending detailed, relevant and clearly represented test reports, to stakeholders, upon completion of test activities.
- Documenting knowledge and processes so as to ensure knowledge is codified, retained and communicated to multiple test teams.
- Maintaining equipment and machines at the test bay, to ensure that equipment is maintained in optimal condition to facilitate efficient testing activities.
- Creating or maintaining bat scripts and programmes that automates processes required for testing.
- Working with various parties (eg. tools team) to ensure that tools are being made to improve the efficiency in test processes.
- You can write clear and concise bug and test reports.
- You possess basic troubleshooting and isolation knowledge.
- You can execute test or task requests and provide test results in a timely manner.
- You are capable of coming up with unscripted ways of testing games.
- You can effectively collaborate with peers and you are capable of adapting to new tasks, requests / situations.
- You are a driven individual with a positive attitude and you can take criticism as constructive feedback that helps you learn and grow.
- You have the required knowledge and you can utilize the basics of using Testing tools (Consoles, PS4 Neighborhood, XB1 Manager etc.)
Ref : 02399703
Snaphunt Pte Ltd