Public Healthcare Clinical Operations Manager (Project/Office Hours 5 Days)
Under the general direction the Nursing Director and with oversight from the Executive Director of Business Operations, the Operations Manager is responsible for a variety of supervisory, administrative, and financial non-nursing functions.
The Operations Manager has responsibility for Service, Operations/Finance, Data Management, Personnel Management, Materials Management and Equipment, Quality Control and Data Collection and Reporting.
As a lead member of the Patient Care Team, the Operations Manager is responsible for responding to need of patients and family members and takes a proactive role in the efficient operation of the unit.
This role will also be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of schedules, payroll, patient classification, and other systems to support the patient care unit.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Patient Care Team, the Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the patient and family members are attended to in a professional manner.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for responding to the needs of the patient/family members in a timely manner and maintains a professional and friendly demeanour at all times.
- As a lead member of this team, the Operations Manager is also responsible that other members of the team are responding to the needs of patients and families in a timely and professional manner.
- The Operations Manager will work cohesively as a member of the Patient Care Team, and will take a proactive role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the unit.
- Maintains hospital service standards, with particular attention to personal/behavioral, staff teamwork, and patient-staff interaction guidelines.
Operations And Finance:
- Works cooperatively with the Nursing Director and Nursing Finance Manager to develop and maintain systems for collecting information to measure unit (s) of productivity.
- Monitors management report expenditure, reports findings to Nursing Director and initiates plan as appropriate.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of budget information
- Completes weekly payroll (s) and enters data for schedules and actual staffing into
- Staff system. Maintains Patient Classification system daily.
- Maintains staff records (i.e. use of sick time, FMLA, per diems, time schedules, staff turnover, license renewal, in-services/competencies, educational records.
- Meets with Executive Director of Business Operations on a frequent basis and as needed to ensure consistency of processes.
- Manages relevant databases, promotes security of information along with maintaining and auditing data to ensure quality control of systems.
- Primary systems include scheduling, payroll, and patient classification.
- Develops and maintains systems to ensure confidentiality and integrity of patient record in compliance with hospital policies, procedures, and standards.
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures and systems which assure the effective operational functioning of the unit.
- Produces and maintains management data related to the operational needs and projects.
- Supervises the daily activities of the Unit Coordinator to ensure optimum performance.
- Oversees the maintenance of confidential personnel, changes of status, terminations and personnel requisitions.
- Ensures completion of Annual Infection Control, Fire and Safety, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements and maintains records.
- Participates in hiring, terminating, and performance evaluations of unit coordinators and other personnel as directed.
- Schedules unit coordinators time and approves changes, as appropriate.
- Oversees and/or coordinates department orientation.
- Supports Staff as a resource in information systems.
- Coordinates and maintains systems for: (a) control group of inventory levels: (b) outside purchasing of supplies and equipment and capital equipment.
- Establishes and maintains levels of regular supply items ’
- Keeps audit trail of equipment ordered and received.
- Ensures that equipment is safe and in proper working condition in coordination with other departments.
- Maintains accurate inventory of equipment essential to unit.
- Collaborates with Patient Care team in obtaining information/planning on new products/technology; facilitates the introduction of new equipment/supplies.
- Generates and submits operating and capital budget requests based on the unit/patient care needs in conjunction with appropriate resources.
- Collaborates with Nursing Director to keep unit regulatory ready, demonstrating knowledge of regulatory guidelines and ability to participate in unit quality programs.
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Member of Safety Committee, as assigned.
- Participates on Nursing, Hospital, or Partner’s Healthcare System teams, as appropriate.
- Assists Nursing Director (s) in creating and implementing systems with filing and distribution of information (i.e. policy changes, announcements, staff meeting minutes and maintains bulletin boards, email lists, and manuals.)
- Completes special projects. Develops and participates in projects to enhance operations.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Min Degree in a related field from a recognized university
- Min 5-10 years experience in clinical operations
- Excellent communication skills is a must
- Good management skills of team
If you are interested in the position, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Ops Manager - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd