This position involves working with primary and secondary students with autism who have a range difficulties in the areas of work habits, self-regulation and social communication. Your job role will includes:
Assessment & Report Writing
- Conduct cognitive assessments and write reports for Access Arrangements for national exams
- Conduct and write report for Mental Capacity for deputyship
- Co-develop assessment process and implement in other areas of need (e.g. transtions)
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Develop and deliver individual behaviour plans
- Manage an emergency support line for school staff requiring immediate support for behavior or crisis incidence.
- Participate and contribute to school-wide initiatives on positive approaches to behaviour support
- Make necessary referrals to external and alternative services where necessary
- Participate in collaborative consultation model with key stake holders
- Plan and deliver classroom based lesson on skills related to work habits, self-regulation, social communication or other skills related to life readiness
- Provide advice and consultation on evidence informed practices on autism intervention to school leaders
- Participate in curriculum / program development projects
- Provide training, consultation and instruction to educators on social-emotional and behavoiural issues related to autism
- Deliver training to parents on issues related to autism
- Plan and deliver training to external stakeholders who supports our students
- Registered member of the Singapore Psychological Society or eligible for full registration without needing further supervision.
- Desire to learn about autism and the passion to serve the autism community
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes and different perspectives
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced work environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
If you are keen to be part of an organisation where lives are transformed, email our Recruitment Team at [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For information about other positions, please visit our careers page at http://www.autism.org.sg/careers
Autism Resource Centre (S) / Pathlight School