Prospect Research Analyst, Office of Advancement
- Use research techniques to provide high-level research on individuals, alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organisational and financial sources, including online databases, Internet websites, library and government sources and other external repositories of public information to identify prospects.
- Analyse and synthesize accumulated information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity and linkages to SMU through the analysis and clarification of complex information.
- Develop and maintain written reports, biographical profiles, providing basic analysis of program trends, and short and long range results.
- Compose documents - profiles, biographies, project summaries.
- Extract and communicate key information which directs cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Maintain active awareness of the important news and events related to philanthropy.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, Economics or related quantitative, critical-thinking field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Creative and critical thinker – able to gather, infer and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Strong, detail-oriented, multitasking skills, with the capacity to handle multiple projects and support a variety of personnel.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Knowledge of macroeconomics and statistics preferred.
- Experience working with large, complex databases preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a plus.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University