Property Ops Senior Manager/Deputy Director (LOCATION CYBERJAYA MALAYSIA)
Due to expansion of our client's business, we continue to look for suitable candidates to work at our client's data centre sites at Cyberjaya, Malaysia. Write to us if you are an individual who has experience in the activities listed below, and is keen to take up new challenges!
- Deliver a full scope of property and facilities management services to all in-country data centre sites. Lead a team of maintenance staff to provide efficient and effective facilities management services comprising of both hard and soft services.
- Being a subject matter expert in property and facilities management, ensuring operational practices are perform at the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the customer’s needs, and supporting critical operations team in achieving the goal of 100% uptime.
- Lead problem solving, fault finding and route cause analysis for all property, facilities and security related issues and acting as the primary interface with the local vendor partner, customer and Company management. Position may require some hands-on operations on especially during problem/system trouble shooting.
- Work requires strong formal conduct of operations skills, technical knowledge, personal accountability, and flawless execution of work activities commensurate with a highly critical environment and associated expectations for exceptional customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Developing positive relationships with data centre customer and vendors. He/she will be the single point of contact for customer and Company management to call upon for any property and facilities management matters under his/her charge.
- Responding to problems and concern that are recurring or of a sensitive nature; enforcing rules and regulations. Ensure planned preventative maintenance activities are delivered to plan, on time and within budget, with particular emphasis on critical maintenance, fire impairment and EHS policies.
- Recruitment, training, scheduling, and evaluating property maintenance and supporting property management personnel in handling challenging work matters.
- Must be conversant in property/building upgrading, rectification, repairs and modification works (e.g. roof water proofing, building repainting, replace raised floor system). Ability to develop scope of works, call for tender/quotations (i.e. cost negotiation, KPI, terms and conditions), oversee project work execution including site inspection to ensure good workmanship, check as-built documentation and formulate maintenance program for your team operations.
- Researching new programs or processes to improve quality/costs of work execution. Developing and implementing recommendations to position our facilities at their highest and best use.
- Implementation of all required practices mandated by local government regulatory/authorities (e.g. Code of Practice) to ensure full compliance including interfacing with governmental regulatory agencies, as necessary, to ensure compliance with various code/building requirements.
- Deliver all tasks for customer’s service level agreement are in compliance at all time, the SLA covers such as security incident escalate to customer within 15 minutes upon reported, written incident report issue within 24 hours, etc.
- Vendor’s contract management – Establish regular meeting (quarterly) with vendor to review vendor performance and effective vendor management to resolve any disputes arising from non-compliance.
- Responsible for both soft and hard services – soft services include but not limited to general cleaning, specialize cleaning for data centre, physical security guard management, landscaping, pantry services, etc. Hard services include but not limited to security system (CCTV, card access, etc.), elevators (cargo & passenger), loading dock system, car park gantry and auto-gate system, all building fabric works, etc.
- Develops, reviews, and approves construction and maintenance work script via Change Control Application. Ensure proper implementations of Change Control Application or work method statement including LOTO (log out/tag out) required under Change Management Work Flow Process for assigned facilities and systems.
- Administrating all contract services relating to the operation and maintenance of the property and facilities including janitorial, security, landscaping, exterior maintenance, water treatment, as well as other related to property related services.
- Develop MOP, SOP and ERP for the property and facilities service delivery under his/her management.
- Identify safety hazards, report and liaise with HSE Manager to remediate of such hazards to ensure that our coworkers and customers work in a safe environment. Work safety is a key area of focus such as ensuring engineering team put on proper PPE while carrying out their works and comply with safety work rules. Work closely with HSE Manager to implement, administer, and manage the safety training program.
- Developing an annual consolidated property/facility budget, including direct and indirect contract service expenses, preventative maintenance costs, critical spares provision, capital expenses and items, etc.
- Producing consolidated comprehensive facilities / premises monthly reports.
- Performing multiple feasibility analysis, and complex cost benefit analysis. Assist with the carrying out of Building System Health Reports.
- Develop routine annual maintenance plans and capital plans which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Provide technical input and support to facility projects and modifications, including construction support, commissioning, and final acceptance, as applicable.
- Ensure all records and compliance documentation for all function operations are maintained and up to date, including security services drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with State or Local law.
- Maintain effective communication with operation team, customers and vendors.
- Support critical operations team by providing necessary reporting (i.e. security) for consolidation to ensure timely submission of reports on agreed timing such as monthly basis as required under the requirement of Company’s MSA with customer. Be familiar with Company’s contracted SLA with customer and ensure full compliance at all time.
- Must be willing to operate after office hours and public holiday, 24 x 7 available on-call. Under emergency situation return to Data Centre to conduct fault investigation.
- Professional Diploma in Engineering field (Mechanical or Electrical), Property or Facility Management, Building Science, with min. 12-15 years of relevant work experience in Data Centre environment or Hi-tech factory/plant (e.g. semi-conductor) is preferred, inclusive minimum of 5 years managerial experience with at least 8-10 direct reporting staffs. Candidate with professional certificate relating to property or building management has advantage. OR Bachelor degree in an Engineering studies, Facility/Building management with min. 10 years relevant work experience in Data Centre environment or Hi-tech factory/plant (e.g. semi-conductor) is preferred, inclusive minimum of 5 years managerial experience with at least 8-10 direct reporting staffs. Candidate with professional certificate relating to property or building management has advantage.
- Proficient in English through all mediums of communication. Ability to write and review good quality detailed work scripts, methods of procedure, and standard operating procedures. Prepare monthly service report and incident report.
- Good knowledge of all laws that govern building management and maintenance, including building safety, emergency evacuation and environment protection.
- Excellent client relationship skills, ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customer and management.
- Experience in change control and engineering planning tools and processes.
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Reasonably good technical knowledge with hands on knowledge/experience and understanding of critical data center systems, including HVAC, Standby emergency power, uninterruptible power supplies, and associated infrastructure.
- Has knowledge of financial terms and principles, forecasting, and budget development.
- Proficient in computer applications and software, including commercial computerized maintenance management systems, work order management system, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Please send your cv to
- [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
- in word document;
- listing your personal particulars, education qualification and work experience;
- listing your current and expected salary details;
- with your photo attached.
As we are hiring this position urgently, we do look forward to hearing from you VERY SOON!
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
EA Licence No: 18C9353
EA Personnel Registration No: R1980530
HR Exchange Pte. Ltd. (EA Licence No: 18C9353)