Project Officer (1-year contract), Singapore-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD)
Under the motto “Collaborate to Innovate, Collaborate to Market”, the Singapore-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD) promotes, facilitates and co-funds joint industrial R&D projects between Singapore based companies and Israeli high-tech companies, which should lead to successful commercialisation of the project’s outcome.
EDB and the Israel Innovation Authority are the two co-operating government agencies responsible for this joint non-profit R&D support fund. SIIRD has offices in Singapore and Tel Aviv, Israel. Currently, the Israel office reports to GM SIIRD based in Singapore.
As the SIIRD’s Project Officer, you will be given the interesting task of enabling new R&D partnerships and collaborations between high tech companies from Israel and Singapore based companies. As the SIIRD team comprises of Singaporeans and Israelis, you will work closely with SIIRD’s Israel office to evaluate and monitor approved R&D collaboration projects and to organise marketing activities to market the SIIRD programme. It is a meaningful opportunity to experience working closely with another nationality/culture.
Travel to Israel required (average 1-2 times a year)
In this role, you will:
- Keep abreast with the latest innovative technologies coming out from Israel when you link Israeli companies with Singapore companies to work on collaborative projects
- Facilitate and participate in project reviews and evaluations, which connect you with engineers and researchers who create innovative products/technologies for commercialization
- Continue to follow up with SIIRD companies after their project completion as SIIRD grant is repayable upon commercialization, thereby learn what makes product/technology commercialization successful
- Gain experience in organizing marketing activities and managing digital marketing tools to promote the SIIRD programme
To perform the role well, you should have/be:
- A good Honours degree, Sciences or Engineering disciplines are preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to work independently
- Interest and ability to work closely with colleagues from a foreign culture is particularly important for this position
- A keen interest to engage companies from all sectors and to communicate with entrepreneurs and senior company executives
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Economic Development Board