Project Manager - Infrastructure, Facilities & Utilities (Pharma)
Primary Objectives of this Job
The primary objective of this position is to deliver the identified projects under the capital projects portfolio at the
To achieve this, the Project Manager could be assigned to directly manage an identified project as a dedicated Project Manager on that project, or to assist the Capital Projects Manager (Site Capital Lead) to work with project leads from various engineering functions who are responsible for the delivery of their assigned projects.
The Project Manager works closely with the portfolio Project Controls Engineer to ensure that cost and schedule is well managed for the various projects. He/she also works closely with the portfolio Document Controller to ensure that all project deliverables and documents are kept up to date and well managed.
Delivery of the various projects under the capital portfolio are to be in line with Global Capital Management guidance and best practices and fulfill all applicable corporate, local, national and international Quality and EHS requirements.
On his/her assigned Capital Project, the Project Manager establishes an efficient capital project execution team focusing on right first time delivery and following industry best practices to meet the needs of the Manufacturing Plant. He / she also ensures that all assigned capital projects result in fit for purpose assets which meet the business requirements (safety, functionality, capacity, capability, reliability) in a timely and cost effective manner
- Lead and manage the assigned Capital Project from business case development and scoping through to delivery of the assets to the end user
- Consult with site stakeholders to ensure that the critical success criteria are identified and defined within the planning process.
- Challenge the site stakeholders potential capital needs with respect to their value and alignment with the business goals
- Establish capital project execution strategy / plan and establish mechanisms to ensure that the assigned project is delivered with a high probability of success
- Lead the initial planning of the assigned capital project (feasibility / concept stage) ensuring that user business and functional requirements are identified, challenged and clarified to ensure that a robust business charter can be defined and approved by the key stakeholders
- Create and align as necessary the execution structure and delivery models for the assigned capital projects reflecting their size, complexity and criticality to the business need.
- Deploy industry best practices (Front End Loading, stage gate reviews, VIPs etc.) to increase outcome predictability and mitigate schedule and cost over run
- Coordinate the planning, monitoring and reporting of all assigned capital projects
- Fulfill all relevant compliance, safety and quality requirements by focusing on right first time principles and using compliance as a competitive advantage
- Fulfill all legal and EHS requirements as they relate to the assigned capital project including permitting and regulatory approvals
- Lead the risk management process for the assigned capital projects including the creation and periodic refresh and monitoring of risk registers and associated mitigation, escalation and communication activities
- Prepare monthly status reports reflecting the health status of the assigned capital projects following the corporate templates and guidance
- Work with the Project Controls Engineer to prepare monthly forecast of cost and schedule associated with the assigned capital projects following the corporate template and guidance. Propose and implement as appropriate mitigation strategies for identified cost and schedule risks
- Consult and seek alignment with the other engineering site functions to ensure that the most appropriate technical specifications, standards and practices are incorporated into the design basis
- Consult and seek alignment with the site engineering functions to ensure that the appropriate technical deliverables are provided in a timely manner and format so that they can be transferred into the lifecycle management systems (CMMS, CCMS etc.)
- Adhere to any applicable EHS, Regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Commit to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Code of Conduct.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Min. Degree holder in Engineering discipline with 8-12 years working experience in engineering with considerable exposure to capital project delivery
- Experience in Infrastructure & Utilities type project in a life plant environment
- Leadership experience
Key Skills and Competencies
- A strong leader capable of providing leadership to teams of Engineers and end users
- Capital project delivery experience including design, permitting, construction coordination
- Knowledge of capital project delivery models and best practices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication abilities
If you are interested in any of the positions, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Project Manager - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd