Project Manager (Construction)
The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager who will have responsibility to deliver the designated project area within the approved cost plan and schedule and to ensure that the quality of the final product meets the standards and specification of Marina Bay Sands.
This will be achieved by:
- Construction schedule;
- Assisting with the timely production/review and approval of contractor design, shop drawing and material submittals;
- Interfacing with document control to ensure the design submittals are coordinated and issued within the contract requirements;
- Supporting the Senior Project Manager in managing the progress of the contractor to ensure that the project is delivered within the approved construction schedule.
- Construction quality;
- Managing the quality assurance plan to ensure the project’s quality meets or exceeds the Marina Bay Sands quality expectations; and
- Ensure that the contractor delivers to the quality standards as set out in the quality assurance plan and in accordance with the requirements of the contract;
- Management of the contractor;
- Managing the design team to ensure all design coordination and request for information from the contractor is serviced in a timely manner and within the contract requirements
- Assisting the Senior Project Manager with the coordination of the authorities and the design team to ensure of the requirements of the statutory approvals are being met throughout construction
- Coordination of the design team and consultants to manage the construction quality assurance plan including the identification and timely close-out of defects; and
- Ensuring the contractor is compliant with their WH&S Plan and delivering the works in a safe work environment.
- Develop and prepare the necessary tools to measure contractor production and performance against the contract documents
- Prepare a risk assessment to identify key activities in order to identify the critical path and movement within the critical path throughout construction
- Report to the Senior Project Manager on weekly/monthly on cost and construction progress.
- Support the Senior Project Manager in determining and administering any program corrective actions required by the contractor
- Contractor Management
- Monitoring and evaluation of the contractor contract program (Primavera P6)
- Prepare short and medium term programs and report on construction progress
- Reviewing and updating weekly the project risk assessment/assurance plan
- Review contractor reports to Marina Bay Sands on progress, quality, safety, compliance and commercial issues
- Assist in the final review of the shop drawing and material submittals before final issue to the contractor
- Assist in reviewing the contractor works submittals including Work Methodology Statements (WMS), Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) Safe Work Plans (SWP), and Works Activity Schedule (WAS)
- Where required, coordination of the documentation of the retail tenant criteria and retail tenant fit out with the development team
- Assist in the progressive coordination and sign-off of the relevant authorities for both temporary and final occupancy
- Manage the quality assurance/control plan to ensure timely identification and rectification of contractor defects
- Operator Interface
- Where required;
- Coordinate and manage the staging process for handover to the operator or tenant;
- Coordinate with the purchasing department for the procurement, delivery and installation of FF&E
- Coordinate with the operator the installing of FF&E
- Develop with the operator a staging plan for handover
- Develop the tools to manage the final sign-off and handover with the operator
- Sands Construction Team
- Monthly program reporting/presentation to the Senior Project Manager
- Assist in the coordination of the activities of the area construction team with the design, commercial and MEP team
- General management responsibilities as required in relation to:
- Overall project health, safety and environmental issues including reporting as it relates to the construction of the project
- Contractor program, means and methods
- Contractor design and works submittal process
- Cost and change control
- Authority approval and sign-off of TOP and PTO
- Quality control
- Where required, coordination, approval and handover to the operator / tenant or follow-on contractor; and
- Management of the quality assurance plan in order to assure contractor compliance with the contract, (including timely handover of completion documentation such as as-built records, O&M records, certifications, etc.) by the contractor, and to achieve final completion
- Tertiary Degree in a Construction/Building/Project Management/Engineering or Architecture related field.
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager with experience in building or infrastructure either with a developer, owner/operator or a contractor and preferably (but not necessarily) with a track record of working in Singapore with relevant authorities.
- Qualification or Membership of Industry Professional bodies are desirable but not a necessity.
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to visualize issues and communicate them to others.
- Outstanding organization, coordination and leadership skills – ability to coordinate and motivate groups of Consultants / Contractors.
- Ability to work collaboratively and pro-actively in a team environment.