Project Manager, Building Services, IR2
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Manage the ongoing design development and delivery of the various MEPF (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing & Drainage/Fire) services allocated to you by the relevant area based Senior Project Manager, Building Services. This will be done via the appointed Main Contractor(s) and the relevant MEPF Trade Subcontractors to ensure timely construction progress and quality of installation through to handover to MBS Facilities/Operation.
- In relation to the MEPF works allocated to you, oversee and coordinate with relevant persons to administer all relevant health, safety, and environmental policies as they relate to the construction of the project from the MBS side.
- Work with all relevant appointed design consultants to ensure that the MEP Works allocated to your zone or systems are fully detailed and coordinated across all disciplines and services.
- Manage all the relevant design deliverables from consultant team such that all works are adequately covered, and MEP works packages assigned to you are ready for tender and award.
- Work with SPM and MBS commercial team in preparation, tendering, tender review, recommendation, and award for all MEPF works assigned to you.
- Ensure all basic MEPF document control is managed from the Company’s side, including all shop drawings, material & equipment submissions, as-built documentation, manuals, and models, etc.
- Regularly coordinate with other area-based Building Services Project Managers to ensure a smooth and holistically delivered set of Building Services systems and interconnected MEP infrastructure, including access and implementation of site-wide systems, that are required to be installed in all geographical areas of the building.
- Regular coordination and cooperation with peer area-based construction/building and fit out project management teams and area Senior Project Managers, Construction, as needed, to ensure a fully coordinated approach to successful project delivery.
- As they relate to your assigned area or relevant Building Services systems, coordinate and plan with all relevant Company personnel, as required, around key interfaces between the original IR project, the new expansion areas, and day-to-day operations of the existing facility to minimize or avoid any impact to ongoing operations.
- As required for your allocated area and Building Services systems, coordinated with the SPM and liaise with the Project’s commercial team(s) and appointed Quantity Surveyors/Cost Management Consultants on all commercial aspects of the Building Services works, including change management processes.
- General management and oversight of MEP budgets for all MEPF works elements allocated to you.
- Audit of works quality, Building Services management and supervision undertaken by the appointed Main Contractor for your area of responsibility and, where necessary, the appointed Building Services trade Subcontractors, including holding regular issue management and coordination sessions with relevant parties.
- Area day to day supervision and management on testing and commissioning of all Building Services elements and eventual handovers to the Company’s Operations team, including all relevant as-built records and manuals, etc. This will be done in conjunction with and via the management of the appointed commissioning management company.
- Working with your area Senior Project Manager, provide advise during construction of the project and issue further notices, clarifications, and further design documents as necessary and for the duration of the project.
- Investigate site problems related to the consultant’s design documents, approved shop drawings and work with relevant parties to develop solutions, in coordination and cooperation with other professionals, to overcome the problems as appropriate. Where necessary these problems shall be elevated to the area SPM and if necessary, the Executive Director, Building Service for resolution.
- Provide regular reports on the progress of the MEPF works allocated to you.
- Management of and attendance at regular site walks, to monitor and review progress of the works (planned versus actual), installation and workmanship quality, material quality, damage to works and defective works. Produce all required tracking tools around this and regular report to relevant Building Services staff at Main Contractor(s) and Trade Subcontractor as well as within the Company.
- Work with relevant Company planning resources around tracking of MEPF works progress and reporting if this.
- Work with appointed Main Contractor(s) to ensure they provide good coordination between all MEPF Trade Subcontractors and other building related Trade Subcontractors on installation sequence and coordination issues.
- In conjunction/coordination with relevant Main Contractor(s) MEPF management staff, organize and chair weekly site meetings during the construction phase of the works.
Education & Certification
- Degree or diploma in relevant Engineering discipline and sufficient relevant post qualification experience.
- Minimum of 10-15 years relevant project experience.
- Possess good communication skills to deal with all contracting levels and arrangements, facilities and operations personnel and other end-user management staff.
- Experience in planning, design, and construction of Building Services for integrated resorts, including large hotels/high-rise buildings, gaming areas, MICE, arena, stadiums or theatres, retail malls and the like. This should include good day-to-day knowledge of all MEP disciplines, i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Fire Services, Plumbing and Drainage, ELV and Controls Systems, and associated general builder’s works.
In addition, candidate should ideally have an excellent working knowledge of at least one key Building Services element.
- Ideally experienced at Subcontractor delivery level with specialist area of expertise, in addition to delivery from Consultant/Main Contractor/Managing Contractor/Construction Manager level.
- Good language skills relevant to Singapore (English, Mandarin, Malay).
- Good working knowledge of the full MS Office suite of programs is essential.
- Good working knowledge of Bluebeam software is advantageous.
- Possess a good working knowledge of local codes and construction practices in Singapore and the ability to organize and manage the relevant Main Contractor’s personnel, and MEP trade Subcontractors.
- Possess good communication skills to deal with all contracting levels and arrangements and where necessary with peer MBS facilities and operations personnel.