Project Engineer ( Mechanical / Civil & Structural )
Our client is the global market leader in independent storage and handling of bulk liquids and world’s leading independent tank storage company
Tender preparations and evaluation:
- Develop high-level project descriptions including layout drawings and process drawings.
- Prepare specifications in line with Company standards and estimate costs for the proposed new, modifications or expansions project.
- Take lead in preparation and completion of the ITB document including Basis of Design (BoD).
- Develop bid & piping packages for smaller project portions and work with Managers to develop bid packages for larger turnkey construction project portions.
- Take lead in technical clarification with the guidance of Managers to fully assess completeness of tender proposal and detailed comparison with every tenderer.
- Provide the necessary inputs on technical evaluation to identify the most appropriate proposal for awarding of tender.
- Review consultant’s and contractor drawings, specifications and documentation in liaison with Client’s Team.
- Assist development of commissioning plans and operating procedures for staff.
- Take lead in overall compliance to Project Management (PM) requirements.
- Conduct What-If risk assessment on changes under MOC.
- Conduct Peer / Design Review as part of PM requirement.
- Keep abreast with the requirements of Corporate, Codes, Standards, and regulations
- Liaise with procurement team for purchasing of equipment/material according to the approved vendor lists and prepare Request of the proposal for obtaining quotes from bidders, Tendering & BQ evaluation.
- Be responsible for project record-keeping. Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, and personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Provide an on-site technical and engineering service between contractor and Company to maintain control of construction, including site safety supervision and Safe Work Permit coordination.
- Supervise and review Contractor Quality Inspection and Test Programmes. Coordinate specialist Third Party Inspections.
- Review technical problems arising during construction, ensuring significant matters are formally resolved between the contractor and the company.
- Investigate variation orders and make recommendations.
- Monitor site OHS and environmental performance.
- Degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical or Process.
- At least 5 years Oil & Petrochemical experience with 3 years of project management experience.
- Preferable to have piping experience in tank maintenance & construction.
- Conversant with International standard such as API, ASME, ANSI, OCIMF, NFPA, Singapore Standard, Code of Practice.
- In addition, any of the following technical background/experience will be highly considered:
o Familiar with API 650 for tank design and maintenance.
o Project or work exposure in tank engineering, construction or maintenance.
o Project or work exposure in process design or rotating equipment/terminal equipment maintenance.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Thank you for your interest. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Registration ID: R1221389
EA license number 10C4942
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD