Job Objectives/Job Summary:
As a Project Engineer, he/she is expected to assist and support the Project Manager in handling and monitoring the progress of projects. He/she is responsible for the execution of contracts or installation projects, as well as the coordination with contractors to ensure efficient and timely delivery of assignments.
- Oversee projects under his/ her charge.
- Prepare quotations for clients under his/ her charge.
- Assist in project tendering, budget for the project within an estimated cost.
- Planning and coordination with clients, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, local authorities and other internal disciplines during project execution to ensure successful implementation of the project.
- Assist in engineering aspect of projects under his/ her charge.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables:
- To verify drawing / technical specification for adequacy.
- To maintain and disseminate drawing / technical specification.
- Controlling the cost of the materials and labor.
- Attend site meeting, inspection and monitoring of project progress.
- To manage the daily operation of the project execution: supervise, plan and direct the work force daily.
- Acting as the quality control and assurance to ensure that the project objectives are met.
- Ensure that all the safety rules and regulations are being observed.
- Obtaining the materials and verifying them.
- Ensuring that the project starts on time and ends within the estimated duration.
- Prepare handover report and as-built drawings.
- Verify project-related invoices from subcontractors/ suppliers.
- Ad hoc assignments.
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with 3 years of experience.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Good team player and customer-focused with excellent communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure with high initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
Goh General Engineering Pte. Ltd.