The Project Engineer will function as the project in-charge at site. This role involves the supervisory of work progress, resource performance, and managing of deliverables against contractual commitments. The candidate will be required and be responsible for the organizing and controlling of project elements, identification of contractual discrepancies, and thus perform commercial, technical, and site risks mitigation while ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables are not compromised. This role requires the candidate to work closely across various internal functional groups such as field sales, pre-sales, and service teams.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing offers from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing works estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with regulations.
- Maintains and controlling of paperwork and submittals for approval requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travel to project sites to witness start-up, integration, and training session.
- Assist in preparation of tender or pre-sales work whenever necessary
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Entry level candidates is welcome.
- Experience 3 to 5 Years in similar role or in engineering industry.
- Experience and with understanding of data centre industry, and mechanical and electrical field / engineering & building services industry will be a plus.
- Good grasp of local regulatory requirements (Code of Practice, Singapore Standards, Work Health Safety and etc.) related to building services such as electrical, mechanical, fire and etc. services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / Visio / Project, Revit and Auto-Cad
- Read architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of building services such as electrical, fire, and mechanical system.
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure control systems and network communications technology – Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc. will be a plus.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
Seed System Pte Ltd